Friday, January 20, 2012

Year of the Dragon

The year of the Dragon begins in two days the first day of the Lunar New Year - Tet.  I have a week and a half off to enjoy Saigon - a quieter, cleaner Saigon.  To walk the parks packed with flowers and stunning Yellow Mai trees.  To explore the tiny crooked alleys, or hems for new coffee shops. To find new street stalls with new food. To watch lion dances. To practice my Vietnamese. To really take in the city for the first time in almost two years. I can feel the excitement especially in the heart of District 1 around Nguyen Hue and 23/9.  The Dragon displays are elaborate. The streets lights have grown exponentially.  Everything is starting to shut down and as of Monday it will be a ghost town.  I can't wait. The year of the Dragon is supposed to be lucky .... I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment