Sunday, February 19, 2012

So much more to learn

Two years ago, I was getting ready for Holi in Udaipur.  Getting ready for perhaps one of the most beautifully elegant dinners I've ever experienced.  Little did I know that I would have my picture taken with a prince and four days later lay in the desert with a deadly scorpion sting.  Two years later, I realize that I'm doing what I set out to do.  Get to know a country. Experience it's food, people and language.  Two years later, I feel like I know so little about Vietnam.  I feel as though I know more about India.  It seems to be an open book.  While insanely complicated, the information is available.  The culture is just in your face.  Here in Vietnam, it's a bit different.  There are so many reasons.  It's been a conquered country, so they are a little more cautious. It's communist so political and business stats are very difficult to ascertain. It's been a country ravaged by famine, so there is a constant feeling of need. ... Maybe I have learned a bit.  But there is so much more to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment